The days of the glitter we know are numbered, and a new type of glitter is on the rise! The new bio-glitter created to tackle the huge micro-plastic issue hurting our planet will be more necessary as consumers are more conscious about this problem.
Since glitter consumers became aware of the damage traditional plastic-based glitter causes to the environment, the demand for biodegradable glitter in bulk is increasing. Now the time has come for this bio-glitter to be more accessible to the general public. Learning the reasons why can make any provider attract more customers.
Why Is this Bio-glitter a Hot Commodity?
Glitter providers are realizing that traditional glitter has no future. It causes countless problems to our environment and many governments around the globe are banning it now. Here are some of the terrible consequences of using plastic glitter:
- When washed off, it usually goes down the drain and the micro-plastics composing standard glitter end up in our waterways and oceans.
- The pollution caused by micro-plastics can be seen floating in the ocean forming little trash islands.
- Micro-plastics kill plankton and get eaten by fishes; traditional glitter is terrible for marine life.
- Since water is life, the pollution of our ocean affects us all, not only marine life; we could be eating fishes that consumed micro-plastics when they were alive.
The Need for More Eco-friendly Alternatives
After finding out that plastic glitter is very harmful to the environment, many glitter consumers are looking to purchase a new type of glitter that is not going to cause long-term consequences for all of us. That is why Bioglitter arises as the right option.
Bioglitter is the brand name for these new alternatives to traditional plastic based glitter. It was developed to reduce the part of micro-plastic pollution caused by glitter. It is completely unique as it uses plant derived ingredients and is proven to biodegrade in the natural environment because it has passed the fresh water test according to ISO14851.
What can Consumers Get with Bioglitter?
If consumers are looking for biodegradable glitter in bulk, cosmetic glitter, or wholesale glitter that is environmentally friendly, they can get all of that with the Bioglitter products. Here is explained in detail what each of the Bioglitter products can offer.
- The original glitter created by Bioglitter is its brightest product.
- It offers the same perks as standard plastic glitter, but it uses plant derived materials that will eventually decompose in nature.
- Although it still contains a small amount of plastic, it is proven to be very biodegradable in freshwater.
- It is available in three different ways: Cosmetic (for cosmetics and personal care), Deco (for coatings and the fashion industry), and Craft (for children and educational purposes).
- It is the first 100% plastic-free glitter in the world and it is certified to biodegrade in all the environments.
- It is only based on natural materials; that is why Bioglitter PURE decomposes like a leaf in the natural environment.
- It feels softer on the consumer’s skin and since it contains no aluminum, it is suitable for use on lips.
- It can be used for cosmetics and in household, coating, printing and decorative applications.
Bioglitter PURE also stands out as the most eco-friendly glitter in the world. Here is some of the certifications it holds:
- Certified OK Biodegradable WATER by TÜV
- 100% Aluminum free
- Verified Microplastic Free (ECHA Microplastic Proposal, Jan 2019)
- Certificated – 100% Biobased Carbon Content (Beta Analytic)
- Compliant with all the current and future legislation on micro-plastics
- Compliant with all the cosmetic and rinse off legislation, including the use on lips in accordance with the US FDA.
Blue Sun International is the only authorized reseller of the Bioglitter products in the US. Whether people look to buy biodegradable glitter in bulk or wholesale, or is looking to use glitter in its many applications, Blue Sun International can guarantee it offers the real bio-glitter!