In times where external factors such as pollution or extra radiation from sun can seriously harm the skin, making sure it is always moisturized is key for consumers who are concerned about proper care. They should be informed about their skin types and the new terms that soon will become very trendy in the skin care vocabulary if they want to know what exactly is what they need.
Consumers worried about taking proper maintenance of their skin usually have a hard time finding the right moisturizer. In order to create a special formula that works on a specific type of skin, formulators have to take into consideration various aspects, like; what makeup could be better for a sensitive skin, or what can make a water based moisturizer work in each type of skin. Here we will go through the aspects everybody should know.
The Right Water Based Moisturizer for Specific Types
What consumers should look for in a moisturizer depends on the type of skin since everyone is different and we all have different needs. When choosing a specific combination of emollients, humectants, and other special ingredients for proper skin hydration, consumers should keep in mind the following:
- Dry skin usually tolerates the application of a hydrating moisturizer (in the form of gel, cream, or balm) twice a day.
- For oily skin it may seem unreasonable to apply moisturizer since it already has plenty of oil, but those with this skin type must understand it is crucial to use moisturizers, otherwise their skin will make up for the dryness it suffers producing even more oil. This can lead to an even shinier face. The recommendation is a light-weight water based moisturizer (or one based on gel) that does not clog pores (non-comedogenic) or contains oils.
- Those with a combination on their skin (oily and dry) should think of it as in specific face areas, and apply moisturizers based on that; light weight for oily parts (nose and forehead) or heavy moisturizers in dry zones (cheeks).
Products with Excellent Moisturizing Properties
In case customers are still unfamiliar with the right moisturizers, or do not know what is squalane or jojoba, the next information may become handy. Our Dermanet products provide superior emollience for skin acting as moisturizers that are easily solubilized in water. They provide excellent benefits when applied on faces, including:
- Improved absorption thanks to smaller size in the emulsion particles
- Transparent appearance giving formulators new textures
- Removes glycerin’s stickiness and tackiness with unique after-feel
Applying Our Moisturizers
Remember to apply our moisturizers after properly washing the face with a facial cleanser, and before the skin dries, when it is still a bit humid so that it locks in hydration.
- For those who do not know what is squalene, our version of Dermanet Squalane is derived from olive oil and can be used to soften and smooth the skin. It is a great water based moisturizer for dry skin with excellent compatibility with it.
- Also, consumers should know that jojoba oil has many moisturizing properties. Our Dermanet Jojoba reduces irritated skin and prevents premature aging.
- Dermanet Dimethicone is a skin protectant and emollient that delivers powerful moisturization.
It is better to apply bits of the product in specific areas (cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, neck, etc.) and work the moisturizers into the skin.